Inositols are a type of sugar produced naturally in the body. The two inositols that have the most significant impact on PCOS are myo-inositol and D-chiro-inositol. Under healthy circumstances, myo-inositol is converted to D-chiro-inositol in the body to assist with glucose metabolism. However, the mechanism of action behind this conversion is hindered under conditions of insulin resistance, a common root cause of PCOS. Insulin resistance occurs when cells in the body become unresponsive to insulin and as a result, cannot use glucose from the bloodstream for energy production. This causes the pancreas to pump out more insulin, which causes blood sugar levels to rise over time. High levels of insulin in the body have been linked to androgen production, which can eventually
lead to PCOS.
- Provides relief from symptoms of PCOS
- Helps normalize menstrual cycle irregularities
- Promotes healthy ovulation
- Supports healthy oocyte (egg) quality
- With 600mg D-chiro-inositol
- Dairy, Gluten, GMO and Soy Free